Regardless of the impression we may have given in other parts of this website, there are certain things we take seriously - including our visitors’ and subscribers' right to privacy and the security of their personal data.
All personal information provided by visitors is treated in the strictest confidence under the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and relevant subsequent legislation. Data is stored on servers in the United States of God Bless America by a reputable third party hosting company and appropriate technical and organisational measures have been taken in an effort to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing and disclosure of personal data.
We will not disclose your email address or any other personal information you may submit to third parties except:
- To our professional advisers, should we actually hire some, for the purpose of obtaining professional advice, should we need it
- To third party partner(s) who manage our website under the terms of a confidentiality agreement, often at a highly-inflated hourly rate
- To a purchaser in the event of a sale of the whole or a relevant part of our business
- Where required to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request
Once you have registered, you will be able to automatically access the content on future visits unless your PC does not accept cookies, in which case you simply need to key in your username and password.
As part of the registration process, we ask you to provide a limited amount of personal information, including your name, email address, year of birth, mobile phone number and your postcode. Some of this information is optional, some is required. This information is used for three purposes:
- For technical reasons (for example, to ensure that you are over 18 years of age)
- Periodically to contact you about the services on our site and to provide game-related information (for example, updates on points awarded in the game).
- To enable us to aggregate data about our subscribers to understand trends, which may be used, in aggregate form only, in a rather half-hearted effort to attract advertisers.
We reserve the right at all times to monitor your use of our service to ensure compliance with our terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.